Get fit, get social with the Morenci Fitness Team, located within the Community Center. You do not need to be a townsite resident to join, and we do offer drop-in rates.
Contact the Morenci Community Center for any questions. | 928.865.6598
Group Classes Offered
- (muscular strength)
- (total body conditioning)
- - We're getting that heart rate up with some fun WOD's (workouts of the day). This class will highlight Olympic lifts such as snatches, cleans and jerks. Variables like time and weight will ensure everyone has an intense workout! Beginners will work with form before the weight factor is implemented.
- - In order to be an athlete and crush various lifts, we must first ensure our body is mobile in all the right ways. This class can range from beginners to advanced because everyone can benefit from working on their mobility and range of motion.
- - Perfect class to build muscle and strength! Using hypertrophy techniques, we build those muscles up while putting emphasis on powerlifting with the 3 main lifts; squat, deadlift and bench press. Made for beginner to advance. The only goal we set is to be better than you were the day before!
- Cycling (muscular endurance and cardio)
- (relaxation and mobility)
- (Resistance, Interval, Power, Plyometric, Endurance & Diet)
The safe reopening of the facilities requires everyone follow these basic guidelines:
- Do not come to the facility if you do not feel well - we reserve the right to send you home
- Face masks are required at all times
- Respect social distancing at all times
- Temperature check are required at the door, along with a safety questionnaire
- No one allowed under the age of 16
- No childcare at this time
- No showers
- No lockers use, but cubbies are available in certain areas
- No chalk use at this time
- Members will be limited to one and a half hour time slots for workouts. Register for time slots at morenci.recdesk.com or call 928-865-6598 (Instructions for Rec Desk)
- Members must wipe down all fitness equipment before and after use. The use of fitness equipment is limited to one user at a time
Jump in! Morenci’s outdoor pool and indoor aquatic center is a great place to learn, exercise and socialize. Take a class or just take a break and relax in the water, down the slides or in the Splash Zone – it’s all in good fun! Both pools are heated year-round.
Pool Schedule: Reopening September 21
The Community Center Guidelines remain in effect including temperature checks at the front door and wearing a mask, except while swimming.
All ages are welcome but anyone under the age of 16 must be with a guardian. Also, remember to social distance outside of families. Basic guidelines include:
- No toys allowed at this time
- No sales of swim diapers or goggles
- No towels - please bring your own
- No lifejacket rentals
- Flotation devices must be US Coast Guard approved.
For health & safety concerns, some pool furniture has been removed.
- Adult Water Walking | Monday - Friday | 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- Open Swim | Monday, Wednesday, Friday | 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. and 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Open Swim | Saturday | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. and 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Adult Water Fitness | Monday - Thursday | 10:00 - 11:00 a.m.
- Adult Lap Swim | Monday - Friday | 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Adult Master Swimming | Wednesday | 12:00 - 12:45 p.m.
- Swim Team | Monday - Friday | 3:30 - 6:30 p.m.
- Lap Swim | Tuesday - Thursday | 6:15 - 7:00 p.m.
For up-to-date information please contact the Aquatics Department at 928.865.6621
- Large dump bucket
- Zero-depth entry
- Vortex pool
- Two-story tube slide with timer
- Locker rooms and family cabanas
- Splash Zone
- Lazy river
- ADA accessibility
- Six 25-meter lap lanes
- Water slide with five-foot drop
- 1-meter springboard
- Shaded pavilions with picnic tables
- Lounge seating
- ADA accessibility
*Hours may be adjusted during school holidays and breaks